Thursday, June 30, 2011

TUTORIAL: How we painted our striped walls!

A couple of people have asked how hard it was to paint the stripes
and how we did it!
I tried to find the tutorial that I found online, but it's gone!
So here is my own version!

Step 1: We painted all of our walls a very light gray.
I don't have any pictures of that process,
because Landon and a couple of his cousins did it
while I did homework! :)

Step 2: We measured the walls to see how big we wanted the stripes to be, after we figured out the width we started from the top and anchored the laser level into the wall.
We invested in a laser level. Which I think is mandatory.
Landon then taped along the laser line.
Step 3: This is the trick to make the stripes look pretty with no leaks of paint through the tape! After Landon put the tape up I would go through and paint the tape with the light gray that was already on the wall to seal the tape. We only painted on the side of the tape where the stripes were going to be.
Step 4: I then painted the stripes with the dark grey. We did two coats.

Step 5: We then took of the tape while the paint was still a little bit wet! We seriously had hardly any paint seep through!

It really wasn't too bad. It did take quite a while but while Landon was taping I was painting so it worked out really well. And I absolutely love the results! I need to take a more updated picture of the living room, but I started painting all the wood trim white today. So that will have to wait for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment