Thursday, October 21, 2010

a taste of motherhood...

Like I've mentioned before,
I nanny for 2 of the greatest boys ever!
They are adorable,
and mean so much to me!

This past week their dad
has been super busy with work!
So I have spent late nights with the boys
and had a spendover!
:)
Which has given me even more
of a taste of motherhood.

The first night the youngest was
nervous to go to bed.
I gladly went up stairs
read a story with him
i'll love you forever
said a prayer
and he soon fell asleep.
I don't know why but that whole experience
was very tender to me.
I honestly can't explain why it made me so happy!

The second night the 2 boys argued about who was going to shower
first neither wanted to
then just one
then both!
by the time they both wanted to,
of course it was already bed time!
but we made it work!
That night I spent the night,
and at 3:00 am
I had a cute little stranger at the side of my bed
he was scared and couldn't fall back to sleep
upstairs I went to help comfort him
and put him back to bed.

Today is the 3rd day
the youngest called me from school
cuz he was sick.
We've been at home watching cartoons
and napping since.
hopefully tonight goes ok,
their dad gets home at 2:00 am

honestly I love these boys
and they have taught me SO much.
And I'm happy I've gotten to spend the week with them
it has definitely been an eye opener once again!
moms are seriously amazing
And I'd argue that I have the best one!
She is there for me NO matter what!

1 comment:

  1. My heart just melted to a puddle while I read this. Frick Oliva. You are the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete